Sunday, March 2, 2014

Meet Shannon!

Hello! My name is Shannon Kirby, and I'm so excited to be a part of this Alternative Break trip! I am a freshman General Biology major from Ellicott City, Maryland. I first became interested in the Terps Helping Turtles trip on my Accepted Student's Day at Maryland, and I am so thrilled to have the chance to go to Topsail, North Carolina to experience it for myself. In my free time, I like to run, read, and dance. Since I have started to prepare for this trip, I have learned about the profound impact that humans have on the environment, and how in turn this affects global wildlife populations. In response to this problem, I hope that by working with and helping the amazing volunteers that run the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital, I will learn more about the direct results of this problem and how I can spread the word to others. I can't wait to start this trip with everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment