Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Meet Nicole #2

Hi! My name is Nicole and I am a freshman general biology major. I am from Howard County, Maryland and am interested in pursuing a career in medicine. During middle school, I had the amazing opportunity to conduct research on seahorse aquaculture (the raising of seahorses in captivity), which initially sparked my interest in conservation efforts focusing on marine life. In my free time, I love to read, spend time with friends, and bake. I am looking forward to going to Topsail, North Carolina for spring break because we will have the chance to gain first-hand exposure to the plight of the sea turtles that, in many cases, humans have contributed to in some way. I am so excited to meet all the volunteers at the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital and to have the experience of working alongside them to help rehabilitate these wonderful creatures. Looking forward to an amazing trip with everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment