Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Meet Jesi!

Hello! My name is Jessica Evans, and I am from Ellicott City, Maryland. I enjoy art, music, and reading, and I am a freshman animal science major who plans to go to veterinary school after graduating from the University of Maryland. I've wanted to work with animals since I was very young, and I have spent time with quite a few species, but never sea turtles! I am very excited to get a chance to work with them in Topsail, and I hope I learn a lot about what it takes to care for the animals. I am also very concerned about environmental issues, which I have learned are closely linked to the decline of sea turtle populations. Even though our species is largely responsible for the problems that land these turtles in the Karen Beasley Sea Turtle Hospital, I hope to undo some of the damage by helping care for the turtles and spreading the message of environmental activism. I'm looking forward to working alongside my classmates and the wonderful volunteers at the hospital, and hope this will be a fun and valuable experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment