Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hey, I'm Moaz

Hey there, I'm Moaz and I'm definitely ready to start spring break and have fun helping turtles in North Carolina. I love immersing myself in nature, its really peaceful and exciting and I think I'm going to have a unique and powerful experience to grow from.
I'm a Physiology and Neurobiology major, and that's mostly because the complexity and intricacy of the brain fascinates me. I've spent most of my life in Salisbury, MD and Ocean City isn't far away from there so the beach isn't something that's new to me.
Sea turtles on the other hand are. I honestly had no idea that they even existed near the U.S. I guess after watching "Finding Nemo" and hearing Crush's accent I assumed all sea turtles lived near Australia or something. I love chasing after new experiences, and while helping sea turtles wasn't on my bucket list, it sounds like a great opportunity to have.
I've volunteered a lot in the past, but the focus was always on providing human shelter, food, and necessities.A decent amount of my volunteer time has been utilized in providing disaster relief. Its interesting because I'm curious in how my acquired skills will translate over to this line of work. Its something that I will be thinking about during my break.
Its going to be a lot of fun, but during this trip I hope to learn about preservation of species and the environment, and also some of the finer points of what is required for veterinary care. After all, hands-on experience is exponentially more powerful than reading and watching any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment