Saturday, February 15, 2014

Greetings from Pat Pollard



Hey everybody! My name's Pat, and I'm an Animal Science Major. I'm from a small town in Massachusetts called Uxbridge. My goals include going to South Africa, becoming a veterinarian, and learning a second language. My hobbies include singing, playing pokemon, frisbee, and working with animals. I'm currently working at the On Campus Farm Crew as well as a research internship in the Animal Science Department. I'm also a part of University Christian Outreach, an on campus prayer group. I've worked with more animals than I can count, but a couple big ones are elephants, giraffes, llamas, cows, sheep, and a blue tongued skink (his name was Wally and he was the best part of my summer job). The reason I'm going to Topsail is because it's an amazing opportunity to make a difference in world that we are all entrusted to take care of. It's also a chance learn a great deal from not only the turtles we are helping but the men and women who are on the front lines doing everything they can to make the Earth a better place for every living thing, not just humans. Look forward to sharing this adventure with all you!


No comments:

Post a Comment